Meet Our Team
Wendy Potts – Director of Training
Ms. Potts directs and manages the training program at Whistlejacket Farm and oversees the Riding Academy. She is nationally recognized across all breeds for her vast equestrian accomplishments.
- Began riding at age 6 and has been training Arabian and Half Arabian horses for over 30 years
- Won first National Championship at age 16
- Has garnered over 150 National Championships and Reserves; her riders have won over 200 National Championships or Reserve National Championships
- Has won 11 APAHA Trainer (Hunter/Show Hack) of the year awards
- Has won 10 Arabian Horse World Totally Tops Hunter Trainer of the Year awards
- Has won 2 Arabian Horse Times Reader Choice Hunter Trainer of the Year
- Holds the USEF Equestrian of Honor Vaughn Smith Trophy for 2012 & 2018
- Nominated for the prestigious USEF Equestrian of the Year Award
- Graduate University of Southern California; holds a bachelor’s in business
- Manages a busy household with 3 teenagers, Wyatt, Halle and Grant
Rachael Perrin – Assistant Trainer
Ms. Perrin assists the training program for both horse development and rider progression. Rachel enjoys all aspects of being around horses especially having the opportunity to learn from the best hunter training in the industry
- Worked as an assistant trainer and manager at an Arabian breeding and training facility in Cross Plains Wisconsin for over 10 years
- Worked a farm starting roping and cutting bred colts in South Dakota
- Exhibits great patience and embraces the challenge to break young horses.
Christin Thomas – Head Groom
Christin has been around horses her whole life. Christin joined the Whistlejacket Farm team in August of 2019. She lives on the farm full time and therefore can monitor the horses at all hours. Her love for the horses is inspirational. Christin’s philosophy is that each horse needs to move and be loved each and every day.
- Worked as a farm manager and horse handler for a farm similar in size for the last three year in California. She is very familiar with barn management needs.
- Has known Wendy for many years and is very excited to finally get the opportunity to work and learn under her.
- Christin is very in sync with operation excellence and is responsible for all aspects of the horse’s daily wellbeing. She is specifically attentive to each horse’s needs.
- Christin exhibits a passion for training as well when introducing new riders to horses through the equestrian hygiene and grooming techniques class for beginners.
[Open Position] – Director of Whistlejacket Equestrian Club and Riding Academy
Please forward resume to fax number (817)985-8885 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ralph W. Manning – Owner and President
Mr. Manning oversees the management and administration of Whistlejacket Farm. His pursuits have always revolved around business and horses and he is an avid entrepreneur.
- Is Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of Coltala Holdings, a diversified holding company that acquires and operates businesses in various manufacturing and services industries
- Has served in executive and board roles in numerous companies and nonprofit organizations
- Lifelong horseman and equestrian enthusiast, he competes predominately in the English division
- Graduate of Texas Christian University, Southern Methodist University and Harvard Business School; holds the CFA designation.
Meredith Bajorek – Controller
Ms. Bajorek serves as the financial controller for Whistlejacket Farm. Ms. Bajorek is an accomplished financial executive.
- Is vice president and controller at Coltala Holdings where she manages the accounting function, financial reporting and tax compliance for Coltala and its affiliated companies
- Certified Public Accountant
- Graduate of the University of North Texas and holds an undergraduate degree in accounting and a master’s degree in Taxation
Kami Adkins – Director of Administration
Ms. Adkins serves as the Director of Administration for Whistlejacket Farm. Ms. Adkins is well versed with strategy deployment and business administration.
- Overseeing business administration and development while serving as interim Facility Manager
- Coach to lean management tools works along with the team on operation excellence projects
- Graduate of the Stephen F. Austin and holds an undergraduate degree in management
Melinda Pace – Accounting Clerk
Ms. Pace serves as Whistlejacket Farm’s Accounting clerk handling billing, reimbursements and show administrative duties. Ms. Pace brings administrative and horse farm experience to our team.
Melinda works with multiple horse facilities and has been assisting Wendy with back office support for over 8 years now. She knows Wendy’s clientele and they all love working with her.
Melinda is experienced with the requirements needed for documentation support for show registrations and organizations compliance from her years of experience registering with AHA and USEF.
Carrie McAninch – Advisor
Ms. McAninch serves as advisor to Whistlejacket Farm with her 30 years of experience in the equestrian field. Ms.McAninch has worked closely with Wendy Potts at other farms and is well known in the horse industry.
Carrie brings a large network of professional resources to the team with her strong horse industry knowledge.
Carrie is a professional close friend to Wendy Potts as well as a client of 15 years. Carrie knows Wendy’s clientele and a great historian to reflect on the horse business in and out of the arena.
Tim Autrey – Maintenance engineer
Mr Autrey serves as maintenance engineer and equipment manager. Mr Autry periodically helps the team with to do repairs and minor facility projects along with leading the equipment maintenance programs.
- Self-employed and highly skilled maintenance engineer that we have not yet to stump on needs for repair
- Has worked with Wendy for over 10 years and well known in the area’s horse industry.
- Tim manages other properties and resides in Oklahoma